7.5.17

Soulfood - Hangover fried rice



No, I am not actually hungover right now as I am writing down this recipe. What I am is drinking red wine late at night while watching the new season of Sense8 and it does get to my head a bit faster than expected (I am still at my first glass and I am a little dizzy already and I have no idea how that happened). Anyways, this dish is easy to make (great when you're not as capable as your fully sober well rested self), takes little time and is full of carbs aka great for soaking in that alcohol - and it tastes great, so here we go.

Ingrediences (for 1-2 servings)
  • 1 bag of rice (125g)
  • 1 medium shallot
  • 2 gloves of garlic
  • 1 big or 2 medium champignons
  • 2 hands full of fresh spinach
  • 2-3 tbsps of olive oil
  • 2-3 tbsps of soy sauce
  • 50g sesame
  • 1 egg
  • pepper, chili
  • 1-2 spring onions
How to cook the thing

  1. Cook the rice. 
  2. Cut the garlic, the shallot and the champignon and stir-fry them on high heat in a pan with the olive oil. When they start to get brown, add the spinach. 
  3. Mix the soy sauce and the sesame and add them to the pan. 
  4. At this point, your rice should be all cooked. Add it to the pan and mix everything in there before adding the spices and the egg. 
  5. Put it in a bowl and sprinkle it with spring onion. 
Tonight, I garnished my bowl with a bit of avocado and a leftover mini schnitzel, you could also add salmon, literally any meat, shrimps, or to keep it vegetarian carrots or cheese. Or, if you're not in the mood for this fancy shit, leave it as it is, I am not the boss of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment