2.5.17

Soulfood - Sweetpotato Stew



As I might have mentioned in my very own so very subtle way I am really bloody stressed lately. My written final exam is next week, I have to work a lot, and to be very honest, job hunting isn't going great (and to be absolutely honest it is going like shit, so bear with my whining on that topic).
The only thing that is keeping me going is food. Really delicious, wholesome food. And cooking said food. Those of you who have been on my Instagram already know that I really love to cook and I thought since maybe some of you are having a hard time as well, I might share some recipes for the dishes that keep me running somehow and calm me down after a hard day - so here is the first one.

Ingrediences (for 3 servings)
  • 2 big sweet potatoes
  • half of a big zucchini
  • 3-4 medium champignons 
  • ca. 80 g of sesame
  • ca. 100 ml red wine
  • 2 shallots
  • 2 gloves of garlic
  • 2-3 hands of fresh spinach
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes
  • ca. 80 g butter
  • salt, pepper, chili, nutmeg 
How to cook the thing 

  1. Cut the sweet potatoes, the zucchini, the champignons, the shallots and the garlic into dices.
  2. Melt the butter in a big pot.
  3. Add the sesame and the vegetables and fry everything for a few minutes.
  4. Add the tomatoes, the wine and the spinach. 
  5. Add the spices to taste and let everything boil until the potatoes are soft enough to be picked up with a fork. 
And that's it. It's really easy, takes about 15 minutes to make and warms your heart and your belly after a rough day. I like to garnish the bowl with grated cheese, a fried egg, fried onions and/or a few slices of avocado. This dish is also very versatile,  you could add or change one of the vegetables mentioned above with celery, asparagus or leeks, for example. Change the butter for olive oil and use vegan wine and you have an A+ vegan stew. You see, the possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment