17.1.19

Excursion To Poetry #5 - Untitled

And boom, there you are.
All of a sudden,
as if you had always been there,
as if it was no big deal.
Boom, here you are.
And we click,
as if it was the most natural thing in the world,
as if we hadn‘t been doing anything else our entire lives.
All of a sudden,
you are here,
and I can say all the things that have wandered my mind for eternity,
say them out loud and even before you respond,
I know that you understand me.
We share a language all on our own,
even though I have to google every second word because we don‘t,
and yet you still always get what I am trying to say.
You are miles away and yet I feel at home just hearing your voice.
I should feel bad for all of this.
I should not feel that way for another person.
And I feel like all of this should blow over soon,
like I should get it out of my system
and then go back to normal.
I don‘t want this to end.
I want to spend the rest of my life staying up all night on the phone.
Or better, up all night on your side.
But I gave this promise to someone else already.
And I don‘t want this to end either.
So I spend my nights talking
happier than I have been in ages
hiding away my bitterness
about this having to end at some point.
Because I am not that kind of person.
I don‘t want this to end.
So I live in the moment
until it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment